Tuesday, October 20, 2009

GO INTO THE LIGHT!!!!

I had the opportunity to go to an event called Burning Life. Burning Life is one of Second Life's biggest events. I went to a concert that played electronic music. When I arrived, I was a little tentative. I was amidst about 20 Second Lifers all dancing and I did not want to ruin their party as I was a newbie that decided to leave my "home base", Richmond Island.

As soon as I arrived, I was immediately greeted by some of the attendees. I stood on the side and just watched. I will admit, I was nervous as I was entering a real Second Life function. A avatar saw me standing on the side and gave me a free dance "chip" so my avatar could dance. Thanks to this kind avatar, I was able to engage and have fun with the rest of the group.


Dance party3_001

1 comment:

  1. Good! It is common to hand out dances at events so newcomers can participate.

    We did this at "The Crater" where Olivia Hotshot and GeoFrank Taurog, friends of mine in an educational group, set up a dance floor.

    ReplyDelete